Well our Tentacular Vikings evening had Vikings, but so far no tentacles. It did have a time-travelling dragon born from its grave in the Pitt Rivers, which I hope you will agree is a whole different sort of cool.
Conrad made a brief plot outline, which I've put under a cut below. I doubt that will mean much to those where weren't there, but I hope this will be a spur to anyone who was and wants to have a go at some writing - either a more detailed plot outline, or some actual story. Feel free to post here.
- 2050 – Born
- 2065 – Given dragon (15)
- 2070 – Travels back to viking village
- 750 – Killed in viking village (with dragon)
- 1900 – Reborn at same age (20)
- 1900-1910 – Mentored by archaeology professor
- 1910 – Dragon reborn, comes to him and tell him he has to go back to save himself. Travels back in time to 1880
- 1883 – Archaeological dig
- 1880-1900 – Becomes leading figure in Archaeology (at Oxford)
- 1900-1910 – Mentors himself
- 1910 – Travels forward in time
- 2030 – Lives some of the rest of his life.
- 2065 – Gives young self dragon
- 2065 – lives rest of life, then dies
- 1910 – (re)born. Talks to professor. Takes protagonist to do dig
- 1880 – After taking him back, does lots of time travel (possibly with protagonist)
- 1910 – returns to protagonist to take him forward in time
- 2030 – lives with protagonist
- 2065 – Given to young protagonist
1st: 1883, Dig, told by other student on dig
2nd: 1883-1910, told by professor protagonist
3rd: 2065-2070, told by Dragon